Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019 13:30 – 15:00
Venue: TOKYO ELECTRON House of Creativity 3F, Lecture Theater, Katahira Campus, Tohoku University [Access]
Language: The talks will be given in Japanese.
・Frontier Research Institute for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Tohoku University (FRIS)
・Tohoku Forum for Creativity, Organization for Research Promotion (TFC)
Mareki Honma (Director, Mizusawa VLBI Observatory, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan)
Kenji Toma (Associate Professor, Frontier Research Institute for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Tohoku University)
- 13:30 – 13:35
- Opening Address
- Tadahiro Hayasaka (Executive Vice President, Director of Tohoku Forum for Creativity, Tohoku University)
- 13:35 – 14:05
- Kenji Toma (Tohoku University)
- What is a black hole, and why it exists?
- 14:15 – 14:45
- Mareki Honma (National Astronomical Observatory of Japan)
- Seeing the unseeable: We have come a long way to the first photo of a black hole.
- 14:45 – 14:50
- Closing Address
- Toshiyuki Hayase (Director of Frontier Research Institute for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Tohoku University)
Poster [May 28, 2019 Updated]
- Download [PDF]