The Earth where we live is one of the planets in the universe. To learn about these planets, people have applied their scientific knowledges. Neutrino observation and deep sea drilling are the cutting edge scientific technologies for understanding the Earth. Our public event at Sendai Astronomical Observatory aims to share what we have learned about the planet Earth through various approaches and exciting future prospects for understanding the Earth's deep interior. The talk event will be a hybrid of in–person and YouTube streaming. We look forward to your participation.
* This event will be held in Japanese.
Saturday, January 14, 2023 09:00 – 17:00 (JST)
Onsite: 60 (First–come–first–serve basis)
Free of charge (No advance registration required)
Natsue Abe (JAMSTEC)
Hiroko Watanabe (Tohoku University)
- 13:30 – 15:00
- Public Lecture
- Natsue Abe (JAMSTEC)
- Hiroko Watanabe (Tohoku University)
- 09:00 – 17:00
For detail information, please visit the Japanese site.
- Download [PDF]
- Tohoku Forum for Creativity, Organization for Research Promotion, Tohoku University
- Research Center for Neutrino Science (RCNS), Tohoku University
- Sendai Astronomical Observatory
- Japan Drilling Earth Science Consortium (J–DESC)
Email: tfc_webinar2*grp.tohoku.ac.jp (change * to @)